Monday, October 4, 2010

Pouring through fall

I don't know where you guys all are in the world, but it is raining here.  And will be the whole week.  Am I sad about that? - definitely not.  These past weeks of changing weather and ... other changing things ... have shown that you can only complicate your own life for so long - until suddenly you get a wake-up call (or maybe more like a hibernation-chime or something ... yes ...)  It is time to simplify, folks.  Fall Cleaning is upon us all.  Here is my own personal Anti-To Do List:

  • STOP buying books.  I've said it before, but I mean it this time.  Just to show how much I mean it, I am removing my Strand gift card and my library cards from my wallet.  Yes, I like that word remove - so final.  The lesson is to read what is already collecting dust on the shelves.  Who's with me?
  • Give up two projects in my life.  My two things are: private tutoring and a crochet project for a friend.  The end.
  • Throw stuff out.  If it's good stuff, give it away.  And more importantly, do not replace the stuff.  Let the stuff go in peace.
  • Learn to procrastinate.  Choose only the things you HAVE TO accomplish each day, and get them done.  Everything else can wait.  Rushing around is only going to make everything lopsided and just plain wrong.
  • And lastly?  Read!  Duh, right?  I've never regretted reading before, have you?

Now send me your lists, why dontcha?

No comments:

Post a Comment