Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gothic Journal, etc.

Since it's Sunday I am taking a break from all thoughts original, and choose instead to supply you with the fruits of someone else's hard work: Gothic Journal.  Wild Rose Press!  Samhain Publishing!  Love the names; I think that's reason alone to pick up some of these titles.  Though you can't see any artwork on that site, and we all love to see women running from houses - if you're interested, each link takes you to the Amazon.com page.  Which is not nearly as much fun as waiting to see what's half-price or discounted at $.01 at The Strand in NYC, but without Amazon I would not be the person I am today, so there you go.  And not even an Associate!

You'll want to check out Strange Brew from this list, which is an anthology of some urban fantasy including what looks like a story by Patricia Briggs, of the Mercy Thompson series that I love, and a story by Charlaine Harris, of Sookie Stackhouse fame.  I haven't even seen True Blood on TV yet, thanks to international copyright (or lack thereof).  Yes, Hulu, I'm talking about you.  Anyway, I'm happy to see Ms. Briggs also has a new Mercy Thompson novel coming out March 30th, Silver Borne, the fifth in the series.  Looks awesome.  This means I have to start re-reading those books so I can get the full effect.

In other news, today I'll be reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, having finished Pride and Prejudice last night.  No, there is no method to my madness, I just read whatever's lying around.  I did check out what's on the shelf at our local Marktkauf and found nothing promising.  Which means, no decent-looking book priced under 16e, or $21.79.  I am a very cheap date, and I do not often force my husband to buy me 20-dollar books, yesterday included.  So I will get back to you sometime with my progress on the Dan Brown.  And .. out.  Have a very gothic Sunday, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment