Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Transitions

So it's been an awfully long time, hasn't it? And instead of rattling off titles I've purchased with virtually no immediate plans to actually read them, I will just give y'all a general update. To start, the seasons are changing and the weather has certainly been changing, but it feels good to know that The Strand is still selling me way too many books than can possibly be good for my health, Borders is still in its final death throes and our crazy summer on the east coast is also winding down to a hopefully quiet, contemplative autumn. So without further ado, here is what I've been up to most recently in booklife:

Finished:
The latest Lauren Oliver Delirium. Great but still have softer spot for the previous hit Before I Fall.
Kimberly Derting's debut, The Body Finder. Good but not great enough to read sequels.

I am so proud of having finished not one, but two library books in the space of a weekend (granted it was a hurricane weekend), and hope that's a sign of things to come. I'm already overloaded with the library queue, a list made up when I probably felt like buying stuff and just didn't have the cash. Up-and-coming, promising pick from the library is Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs. Anyone read?

And that's it in a very small nutshell.  If you're on the coast, let me know how you're books have weathered the storm!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment