Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Words from the Well, 10.5...

Blonde RootsThe Sea LadyNot entirely a new Words from the Well this week, as I have merely returned to the very same Borders, the very same bargain book section and bought what I should've bought the first time - plus one another find that looks just delectable!!  So I thought I'd share it with you --

From the bargain bin:
Blonde Roots - Bernardine Evaristo
The Sea Lady - Margaret Drabble

Tarot of the Sweet TwilightLove the colors on the Blonde Roots book, they remind me of my new tarot deck Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (English and Spanish Edition)... oooh pretty colors.

That said, I've gotten a couple of recommendations from my buddy Fran, so thank you for making me put these on my wishlist:

Silent in the Grave - Deanna Raybourn (this is actually on PBS right now, if anyone's interested)
Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate) - Gail Carriger (I asked if this was the steampunk about the Italian chick, and just looking at the cover now, yes, apparently so!)

And there you go, that's it for the moment. Enjoy your reading, folks! I will see you eventually with a review of Jane Slayre by Charlotte Bronte and Sherri Browning Erwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment