Monday, January 24, 2011

Words from the Well 9, sorta-kinda

Since I know I'm not able to read multiple books per week, I have decided to grace you with my presence just as often anyway.  Instead of solely posting book reviews, I can allow myself a ramble or two in between.  Have no fear, though, it will more likely than not always be book/reading-related.  As that is my life.

So consider this ramble a variation on the Words from the Well (aka In My Mailbox meme which I ripped off of The Story Siren), where I'll tell you what I'm up to in books this past week...

On hold at the library right now:

Beautiful DarknessUnearthly - Cynthia Hand
The Red Garden - Alice Hoffman
The Dark Divine - Bree Despain
Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (sequel to Beautiful Creatures, see review)
Across the Universe - Beth Revis (gotta keep up with the Jones' here, nothing special about this choice!)
The First Queen of England: The Myth of Bloody Mary - Linda Porter (found this searching for next book)
The Heretic's Daughter - Kathleen Kent (descendant of a Salem witch, apparently)
FallenFallen - Lauren Kate (I just have to know what's so great/horrible about this one)

I wanted pretty badly to add Lauren Oliver's Delirium today, but I guess because it's not out yet and there are still so many holds on few copies, the library wouldn't let me hold one for my tiny, insignificant self.  But I will get a hold of it!!  And I also wanted to hold Mira Grant's Feed, which I've been dying to read for what seems like ever, but I just don't think I can handle more plague-scenarios right now.  See, I'm all up on the YA now, and I'm also totally excited about some of this historical fiction I'm seeing around.  Yes, yes, I will get to your requested books first, aka The Secret Garden, The Autobiography of Henry VIII, etc.  I just wanted to let you know what's on the menu for the next few weeks, maybe popping up betwixt those books.  Enjoy your reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment