Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pause for Major Life Event

So I have officially begun my auspicious career as a horticulturist!  My first class is done and it was totally awesome so I am full-on excited about this whole thing now.  The only drawback being, naturally, that the Reader's Well may suffer a bit, as you have probably noticed already.  But the other part of that is the fact of reading a doorstop like The Stand, though it's still making me wonder why I haven't read more Stephen King books (of any size) in recent years.  I have read at some point:  Pet Sematary, Misery, Salem's Lot, Skeleton Crew and Desperation.  Some of those were better than others, only one of which the movie version was worth seeing.  But anyway I hope to become a true fan of King's stuff, with a future full of Dark Towers, possibly avoiding the potential dud that rhymes with bell, and the likes.

Botany for Gardeners: Third EditionSo I hope you'll excuse the next week, as I finish up this tome of a book (I am reading the uncut version, by the way) and get back into the tangle of school/work that I sorely missed these last five years (not!).  Don't worry too much though, because I could never stop reading.  I may started reading Botany for Gardeners, but certainly not to the detriment of this blooming collection (chock full of Phillipa Gregorys or Charlaine Harrises or Patricia Briggses)!  Stick with me, folks, it's gonna be a road slightly less-traveled but ... well-traveled.  Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment