Monday, November 15, 2010

Words from the Well, 8

This installment, as always, brought to you by me, with inspiration from The Story Siren's In My Mailbox meme.

Good morning all, yes it's Monday, but Thanksgiving is on the horizon and that's all I'm thinking about.  That and my new batch of library books, which tells you right away that I caved again.  But I was feeling pretty sick so I was technically out of my mind at the time.  I don't think that reflects on my decision-making skills specifically but you can be the judge ...

Poison: A Novel of the RenaissanceFlowers in the AtticThe Wise Woman: A NovelSnow Flower and the Secret Fan: A Novel The Darkest Part of the WoodsBorrowed from the library:

Flowers in the Attic - V.C. Andrews
The Wise Woman: A Novel - Philippa Gregory
Shakespeare Undead - Lori HandelandShakespeare Undead

My current read, Steven Pressfield's Gates of Fire is half-done and clipping along just fine, so stay tuned for one of these picks in the next week-ish!  And before I go I'll actually give you a run-down of WHY I chose the books I did - I would love to see this on more people's blogs, to help give me an idea of what they like to read and how that influences their reviews and book-buying/accepting decisions.  I have been wanting to read Flowers in the Attic for years and years, it's just one of those books.  The second should be a collection of stories by horror novelist Ramsey Campbell, and this was calling my name from the New Arrivals shelf (although whether it is in fact new, I have no idea).  Poison had an awesome cover and tagline: A Novel of the Renaissance just drew me in - gotta have my Renaissance.  Philippa Gregory - well I say I review hisfic and yes I do, so it's due time I added her to my TBR pile.  Lisa See's modern bestseller takes place in Asia which gives it points in my book alone.  And of course those monsterized-classics - again, it's due time, and frankly, so up my alley.
 
Don't go too far, folks.    *~EH 
___________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait til you read Flowers in the Attic so we can talk about it

    ReplyDelete