Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Words from the Well, 6

Welcome back, everyone, with a brand new post by your prodigal hostess who suffered two weeks with no internet - and who is now very, very pleased to present you with the following in recent purchases from the lovely Strand bookstore of New York City:

The Sixteen Pleasures: A NovelHex Hall (Book 1)Midnight Never ComePenelope's DaughterDark Moon of Avalon: A Novel of Trystan & Isolde (Twilight of Avalon Trilogy)

The Sixteen Pleasures by Robert Hellenga
Hex Hall (Book 1) by Rachel Hawkins
Midnight Never Come by Marie Brennan
Penelope's Daughter by Laurel Corona
Dark Moon of Avalon: A Novel of Trystan & Isolde (Twilight of Avalon Trilogy, Part 1) by Anna Elliott

Whew!  I have finished The Sixteen Pleasures and will put up a review of that one very soon (really).  I'm totally excited about reading those others as well, and you shouldn't wait too long for their reviews either.  It's been crazy, folks, but it's always crazy, isn't it?  All that time and what did I do?  I quit reading Brunonia Barry's second novel The Map of True Places - I just couldn't go on, I've decided I just don't like her style, and that's the end of it.  After that I went through a lull period where I didn't read anything but... well, I actually didn't read anything at all.  Terrible.  And yes, you are correct, I'm still somewhere in the middle of Diana Gabaldon's Voyager - so that's up next.  It'll be a relatively quick read because Diana Gabaldon is awesome, so don't worry.  I already own Drums of Autumn and The Fiery Cross, so I should be in tip-top shape by the time the Outlander film comes to theaters in 2011.


That's it for this very moment, so stay tuned but don't even bother trying to hold your breath for the next review post.  I promise, it will be out within two days.  Pinky-swear.  & (two pinkies swearing)

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment