Monday, August 2, 2010

Words from the Well, 2

And now for my second installment ever of Words from the Well ... sorry, very sorry first of all, that it's taken me this long to get out what's supposed to be my every-Sunday-meme!  And also of course for abstaining from actual reviews - but it's your lucky day (two days? yeah, I'm a little busy), because you're about to hear all about The Society of S by Susan Hubbard, right after this ...

So I just picked this one out on Paperbackswap this past week -

The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County #1)

Can't wait to read this, although it's going to have to wait a bit, until I can knock some of the library books off the TBR pile first.  But that shouldn't take too long (you laugh, I know).  Until then I'll leave you with the cover blurb:  "She knew only the Amish ways, but with one visit to the attic, her world began to crumble."  There's something really awesome about the Amish - their German-English dialect, their quaint-looking lives, the true potential for drama hidden underneath it all.  You know when you can tell right away that you'll read the entire series of books, even though you've yet barely touched the first book?  That's this one, here.  It's like my experience with The Lace Reader - I know enough about the particular world to love it before the story has even begun.

So that's all I've acquired this week, I've been stingy since that last splurge at the library - and I have just begun to read one of them - check my Currently Reading widget at the top-right to see what I'm up to next, for Supernatural Summer!

As always, this meme is brought to you by The Story Siren.

No comments:

Post a Comment