Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Vampire Evening

Just reviewing the blog, I thought of how un-called for it was to put up a science-y book for review.  I know you don't care too much for pop science blogs, 'cause you arrived here at a supposed fantasy-themed review blog.  I feel for you, so don't worry, I'm back on the wagon.  Carl Sagan's book was one of those books you've had for a century and just can't get rid of it because you know you should really read it, and you bought it brand-new, inexplicably, so it would be a pity to sell it for less than it's worth...

You know.  So I just wanted to raise the fantasy standard here and let you know that YES this is a fantasy-romance-horror type book blog, and to make my point extra point-ful I even changed the background to give me that warm, fuzzy harlequin, naughty-naughty feeling.  Hope you appreciate the effort!

Interview with the VampireThe Vampire Lestat (Rice, Anne, Chronicles of the Vampires, 2nd Bk.)The Queen of the Damned (Vampire Chronicles)

Next on the review list is Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned, as you might be able tell from my little Currently Reading icon on the right side there, it's a little tiny.  Anyway, I chose the older book cover because the new one has the ridiculous and yet hilarious movie still with Aaliyah and whatever dude was supposed to be the Vampire Lestat.  Thought I'd spare us the wannabe vampire photo until we can decide for ourselves exactly how ridiculous Lestat looks from the novels themselves.  I've read Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat in the past, among other Anne Rice novels, and found them all to be worthy of a glass of wine during a rainy evening - where you curl up with one of those really good "transport-me" type of books that has to be better than where you are now?  That's Anne Rice, descriptive, beautiful imagery, plenty of black velvet and evil to get you through that stormy night.  So don't go away, I'll have this one done in no time.

Edited to add:  My first won-book came in the mail just now!  Took less than a week from Book Depository, I am so thrilled.  It's Charlaine Harris' Dead Until Dark, of the Sookie Stackhouse series.  Now, it's about to rain cats and dogs in my area for the next week, so be prepared for some serious vampire love!  May your corners of the world also be graced with such nasty weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment